Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Angels

My Mom loved angels/cherubs and she had a bit of a collection when she passed away. Four of them now live with me. One is a larger two-cherub outdoor garden variety, while the other three a perched in m scrapbook/genealogy room, keeping me company on a daily basis. My computer sits on my large, old desk and behind the computer is a small cabinet that my Dad hand-made about 54 years ago. Atop that cabinet is this! This is what I see when I look up. I see that cherub angel, with its eyes closed, resting -- to me, peace and tranquility. A little photo of Gavin and I -- our first visit to my parents' farm when we were just getting to know each other, and my Mom insisted on taking a photo. Love this photo forever! Another small photo of us on Gavin's Mom's wedding day in 1976 -- we were dating then and I had just graduated from high school about 1 1/2 months before this photo. And third, a photo of my Mom and Mother-in-Law, taken when Mom and I stopped for a quick visit at my Mother-in-Law's home in Whitewood, Sask. Both of them now angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment