Monday, February 17, 2014

Hibiscus Bloom

Every now and then, among the never-ending blooms on my hibiscus tree, I find a veregated bloom, like this one. Not sure why the odd one does this, but I love it's uniqueness all the same. My hibiscus tree was given to me by my Mom and Dad when we moved into our current home; so it has lived with us for 33 years almost and bloomed all those years. I clipped it at the wrong spot on the main trunk, so it stays at about 5' tall now. Although, now and then, there are some push-off branches that go spiralling higher! I have transplanted it only twice and it loves it's current pot now for many years. I once tried putting it outside on the front step for the summer months, but the sun pretty near did it in; so back into the house it came.

No comments:

Post a Comment