Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

I love the arrival of the Canada Geese every spring ... and I love discovering the same nesting couples back in the same nesting spots at Gavin's work ... there are two sets of repeat nesters there, three years in a row now. Soon, these lovely beauties will be Moms again! I scared one Mom off her nest by accident; she scrambled away squawking ... so I took a snap of her brood and kept on walking. More interesting is the mates ... cause I look to see if they are nearby, so I don't get a surprise visit from them. The first picture, I was pretty confident to visit a little closer to her, cause I couldn't find him anywhere nearby. She stood up, squawked ... I took a picture ... and heard a commotion of honking coming at my backside ... and he was full flight from I don't know where, giving me a word or two about his family ... what I should have done was point my camera and got an awesome photo of him with his wings spread out as far as they go ... but I scurried away. Really not interested in feeling the force of those wings or his beak!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Thelma, thank you so much for your lovely and kind comment on my blog.
    It warmed my heart,- and the beautiful qoute is saved , such wonderful words to be comforted by . I will use them in the tough dayes to come .
    Love your story above, and the photoes of the angry mother ...
    Thank you again.
    Hugs,Dorthe

    ReplyDelete